DEVICE WILL NOT POWER ON OR ISNT RECOGNIZED
-Are all cables snug and connected properly.
- Make sure both ends are snug and firmly connected.
- Replace good cables for bad ones by swapping them with another computer you know works.
- If the device is a printer, phone, or mp3 player or even a CD placed in your CD/DVD Drive it may need time to load the appropriate software driver or you may need to install/download the driver.
- Check your audio/speaker cable. Is it snug on both ends? Try replacing it with a similar cable from working computer speakers.
- Check Windows sound control and see if your sound is muted.
- Reboot your computer.
-Video either not playing or you can hear the audio, but the screen is blank.
- You may need to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Download Flash Player from this link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- It could be a buffering issue, if Internet speed is not at least 500kbs you will have some lag on websites such as YouTube. Test your Internet speed by going to http://www.speedtest.net
- Try viewing your video using another browser such as Firefox rather than Internet Explorer or Internet Explorer rather Firefox.
- Restart your computer, and try again.
RECOVERING DELETED FILES
- While a Windows System Restore will restore lost settings it doesn’t recover files deleted by the user or from malware.
- Try looking for the file in the Recycle Bin first
- Install a file recovery program. Various ones are available for download at http://www.download.com
If you have any questions or feel like you need further assistance please call 434-515-2050.
PROTECHMyPC – Its What We Do!